Asian NoodlesReport Violation
By Woman's Day Kitchen from Woman's Day | June 1, 2010
1 pkg (7 or 8 oz) soba noodles or 1/2 pkg (16 oz) wholewheat linguine
1 bag (16 oz) frozen edamame veggie blend (we used Seapoint Farms Garden Blend)
1/2 cup bottled peanut sauce (such as House of Tsang, found in the Asian section of your market)
1. Bring a 6-qt pot of salted water to a boil. Cook noodles as package directs, adding frozen vegetables 2 minutes before noodles will be done. Cook 2 minutes or until noodles and vegetables are tender.
2. Reserve 1/2 cup cooking water. Drain noodles and vegetables in colander.
3. Return to pot. Add peanut sauce and a little reserved cooking water; toss to coat. Garnish with chopped cilantro and peanuts, if desired.
Try this too:
1. Mix 3 Tbsp each honey and lime juice with peanut sauce before adding.
2. Big eaters in your family? Toss with cooked shredded chicken or shrimp.
3. Serve cold: Add sliced scallions, diced cucumbers and toasted sesame seeds.