Peanut Butter and Jelly PocketsReport Violation
rolled out pie crust dough (homemade or store bought)
1/4 cup peanut butter (recipe below or store bought)
2 tablespoons jelly, jam or preserves
- Roll out pie crust.
- Cut out four shapes of your choice. I used 4 inch diameter circles since it was close to sandwich size but you could do bigger or smaller depending on your preference.
- Evenly spread one heaping teaspoon in the middle of each dough shape keeping about 1/2 inch away from the edges.
- Drop one tablespoon of your desired fruit topping into the center of two of the dough shapes but do not spread it around.
- Place peanut butter only dough shapes on top of peanut and fruit topping dough shapes with the fillings together.
- With a fork, crimp the edges together to seal in the filling.
- Cut a small hole in the top of dough to allow steam to escape. I did an E on mine for Ellie, of course.
- Bake for approximately 10-13 minutes or until brown.
- Remove from oven and serve immediately or allow to cool for lunch tomorrow.
Pictures of the steps are on my blog. http://pinkpetunias.typepad.com/my_weblog/2011/02/kid-friendly-peanut-butter-and-jelly-pockets-recipe.html#tp